Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Hey everyone ! I've been getting a lot of question on this Mackage coat I bought this year, so I thought I'd post a review on my experience with it so far .
- Water-repellent down-filled body.
- I also love that it is warm . I don't generally wear anything too thick under it and it keeps me warm, the pockets also have a nice soft lining which is nice when you stick your hands in
- the double zip. If you notice in the pictures , I have only zipped up the shorter inside zipper . This is super useful for many reasons . First , I find it looks more stylish and slimming. Second, It's a fast way to zip up when it's not too cold outside and third, It's perfect when you are driving , when you zip up these longer coats , I find it can restricts your leg movement when you are sitting .
- My main con (and I don't know if this is just an issue I have or others do as well) but since the fur hood frames the face and sits rather rigid , even when I have it down , I find it creats blind spots for me when I'm driving . I'm constantly pushing it down when I'm checking over my shoulder
- The hood tends to blow off you head fairly easily . If you look at the design of the fur hood, it is easy to see why . But it's this same design which makes it so stylish . Catch 22
Overall , I love this coat and would definitely recommend it ! I don't feel frumpy at all when I put it on, and as you know we have many more months of cold weather ahead of us !
Hope this was helpful !